I have been recognized as an ACM senior member.
Our paper “TED: Towards Discovering Top-𝑘 Edge-Diversified Patterns in a Graph Database” has been accepted by ACM SIGMOD 2023.
One Paper AcOur paper “MExMI: Pool-based Active Model Extraction Crossover Membership Inference” has been accepted in Thirty-Sixth Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems.
A research project entitled “Evasive Federated Learning Attacks through Differential Privacy: Mechanisms and Mitigations ” has been awarded by Research Grant Council, HKSAR with HK$941,434 (2023-2025).
I have openings for 2+ PhD students (2023 in-take), 4+ research assistants/postdoc researchers (immediately available) in the field of machine learning, data security and privacy, and blockchain (new!). The detailed requirements of PhD applicants are as follows:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Engineering in well-known universities. Preferences are given to applicants with some research experience.
- Good programming skills in at least one mainstream language such as Java, Python and C++.
- Good reading/writing skills in English. Preferences are given to applicants who score 80+ in TOEFL (iBT) or 6.5+ in IELTS.
Remuneration is highly competitive.
- For PhD students, if you are awarded Hong Kong PhD Fellowships (HKPFS), you can receive 26.9k HKD (equiv. to 3.4k USD) monthly and other matching benefits by the university/department.
- For Postdocs, the monthly salary is fixed at 32k HKD (equiv. to 4k USD).
Those interested please send your CV, publication, and/or academic transcripts to Dr. Haibo Hu at email@example.com
1. Dr. Haibo Hu’s website： www.haibohu.org
2. Applied Security, Trust and Privacy Lab: http://www.astaple.com/
3. Information about HKPFS application with Hong Kong Polytechnic University: http://www.polyu.edu.hk/ro/hkphd-fellowship/
Our paper “DDRM: A Continual Frequency Estimation Mechanism with Local Differential Privacy” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE).
Our paper “Stateful-CCSH: An Efficient Authentication Scheme for High-Resolution Video Surveillance System” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Internet of Things Journal.
Our papers “SPMAC: Scalable Prefix Verifiable Message Authentication Code for Internet of Things”, “Adaptive Video Streaming with Automatic Quality-of-Experience Optimization”, and “ReFlat: A Robust Access Pattern Hiding Solution for General Cloud Query Processing Based on K-Isomorphism and Hardware Enclave” have been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (TNSM), IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), and IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), respectively.
Our papers “DUASVS: A Mobile Data Saving Strategy in Short-form Video Streaming” and “Reverse Nearest Neighbor Search in Semantic Trajectories for Location based Services” have been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Services Computing.