I have been awarded a new NSFC project (面上项目, 2021-2024) with title “机器学习即服务中的防欺诈和完整性验证研究”, for 570,000 RMB.
Our paper “Preserving User Privacy For Machine Learning: Local Differential Privacy or Federated Machine Learning? ” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Intelligent Systems.
Our paper “OHEA: Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks against Untrusted Sensors” has been accepted for publish in ACM CIKM 2020.
I was promoted to IEEE Senior Member.
I have been awarded an ITF grant from Hong Kong government with title ” vMPOS: Virtual Mobile POS using Smartphone and Near Field Communication” for HK$ 3,927,250 (2020-2023).
I received ICDE 2020 Outstanding Reviewer Award among six other reviewers out of 200+ TPC members.
Our paper “Towards Locally Differentially Private Generic Graph Metric Estimation” has been accepted for publish in IEEE ICDE 2020.
Our paper “Cloud Password Shield: A Secure Cloud-based Firewall against DDoS on Authentication Servers” has been accepted for publish in IEEE ICDCS 2020.
I have openings for 1~2 PhD students (2021 in-take), 2~3 research assistants, and 4 postdoc researchers in the field of machine learning, data security and privacy. The detailed requirements are as follows:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Engineering in well-known universities. Preferences are given to applicants with some research experience.
- Good programming skills in at least one mainstream language such as Java, Python and C++.
- Good reading/writing skills in English. Preferences are given to applicants who score 80+ in TOEFL (iBT) or 6.5+ in IELTS.
Remuneration is highly competitive.
- For PhD students, if you are awarded Hong Kong PhD Fellowships (HKPFS), you can receive 25.8k HKD (equiv. to 3.2k USD) monthly and other matching benefits by the university/department.
- For research assistants, the monthly salary is 18k HKD for bachelor degree holders) and 21k HKD for master degree holders.
- For Postdocs, the monthly salary is fixed at 32k HKD (equiv. to 4k USD).
Those interested please send your CV, publication, and/or transcripts to Dr. Haibo Hu at email@example.com
1. Dr. Haibo Hu’s website： www.haibohu.org
2. Applied Security, Trust and Privacy Lab: http://www.astaple.com/
3. Information about HKPFS application with Hong Kong Polytechnic University: http://www.polyu.edu.hk/ro/hkphd-fellowship/
Our paper “MISSILE: A System of Mobile Inertial Sensor-Based Sensitive Indoor Location Eavesdropping.” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS).
Our paper “Preserving User Privacy For Machine Learning: Local Differential Privacy or Federated Machine Learning?” has received the Best Theory Paper Award in the 1st International Workshop on Federated Machine Learning for User Privacy and Data Confidentiality (FML’19), in conjunction with IJCAI’19.
I have been awarded an RGC/GRF grant with title “Auditing Machine Learning as a Service” for HK$ 731,089 (2020-2022).