Our paper “Utility Analysis and Enhancement of LDP Mechanisms in High-Dimensional Space” has been accepted for publish in IEEE ICDE 2022.
Our paper “Privacy and Efficiency Guaranteed Social Subgraph Matching” has been accepted for publish in The VLDB Journal.
I have openings for 2+ PhD students (2022 in-take), and 4+ postdoc researchers in the field of machine learning, data security and privacy. The detailed requirements of PhD applicants are as follows:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Engineering in well-known universities. Preferences are given to applicants with some research experience.
- Good programming skills in at least one mainstream language such as Java, Python and C++.
- Good reading/writing skills in English. Preferences are given to applicants who score 80+ in TOEFL (iBT) or 6.5+ in IELTS.
Remuneration is highly competitive.
- For PhD students, if you are awarded Hong Kong PhD Fellowships (HKPFS), you can receive 25.8k HKD (equiv. to 3.2k USD) monthly and other matching benefits by the university/department.
- For Postdocs, the monthly salary is fixed at 32k HKD (equiv. to 4k USD).
Those interested please send your CV, publication, and/or academic transcripts to Dr. Haibo Hu at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Dr. Haibo Hu’s website： www.haibohu.org
2. Applied Security, Trust and Privacy Lab: http://www.astaple.com/
3. Information about HKPFS application with Hong Kong Polytechnic University: http://www.polyu.edu.hk/ro/hkphd-fellowship/
Our paper “ A Unified Framework for Flexible Playback Latency Control in Live Video Streaming” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS).
A research project entitled “Sword of Two Edges: Adversarial Machine Learning from Privacy-Aware Users” has been awarded by Research Grant Council, HKSAR with HK$838,393 (2022-2024).
Our paper “Post-Streaming Wastage Analysis – A Data Wastage Aware Framework in Mobile Video Streaming ” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC).
Our paper “Collecting High-Dimensional and Correlation-Constrained Data with Local Differential Privacy” has been accepted for publish in IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication and Networking (SECON), 2021.
Our paper “An extraction attack on image recognition model using VAE-kdtree model” has received the Best Paper Award in the International Workshop on Advanced Imaging Technology (IWAIT) 2021.
Our paper “LF-GDPR: A Framework for Estimating Graph Metrics with Local Differential Privacy ” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on
Knowledge and Data Engineering.
Our paper “Beyond Value Perturbation: Differential Privacy in the Temporal Setting” has been accepted for publish in IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM’21).