I am an Associate Professor with the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University. My research interests include data privacy and security, mobile and spatiotemporal databases, and internet of things.
- (New!) PhD students and 4 postdoc wanted (contract starting from July 1, 2020) (10/2/2019) - I have openings for 1~2 PhD students (2021 in-take), 2~3 research assistants, and 4 postdoc researchers in the field of machine learning, data security and privacy. The detailed requirements are as follows: Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Engineering in well-known universities. Preferences are given to applicants with some research … Continue reading (New!) PhD students and 4 postdoc wanted (contract starting from July 1, 2020)
- ITF Grant Awarded (5/8/2020) - I have been awarded an ITF grant from Hong Kong government with title ” vMPOS: Virtual Mobile POS using Smartphone and Near Field Communication” for HK$ 3,927,250 (2020-2023).
- ICDE 2020 Outstanding Reviewer Award (4/21/2020) - I received ICDE 2020 Outstanding Reviewer Award among six other reviewers out of 200+ TPC members.
- Two Papers Accepted in ICDE 2020 and ICDCS 2020 (3/13/2020) - Our paper “Towards Locally Differentially Private Generic Graph Metric Estimation” has been accepted for publish in IEEE ICDE 2020. Our paper “Cloud Password Shield: A Secure Cloud-based Firewall against DDoS on Authentication Servers” has been accepted for publish in IEEE ICDCS 2020.
- Journal Paper Accepted (9/28/2019) - Our paper “MISSILE: A System of Mobile Inertial Sensor-Based Sensitive Indoor Location Eavesdropping.” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS).
- Best Paper Award (8/20/2019) - Our paper “Preserving User Privacy For Machine Learning: Local Differential Privacy or Federated Machine Learning?” has received the Best Theory Paper Award in the 1st International Workshop on Federated Machine Learning for User Privacy and Data Confidentiality (FML’19), in conjunction with IJCAI’19.