I am an Associate Professor with the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University. My research interests include data privacy and security, mobile and spatiotemporal databases, and internet of things. Aside from research, I lead the ASTAPLE lab, the PolyU CTF Team, and serve as the program leader of Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Information Security.
- (New!) Multiple PhD students, research assistants, and postdocs wanted (6/9/2022) - I have openings for 2+ PhD students (2023 in-take), 4+ research assistants/postdoc researchers (immediately available) in the field of machine learning, data security and privacy, and blockchain (new!). The detailed requirements of PhD applicants are as follows: Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Engineering in well-known universities. Preferences are given … Continue reading (New!) Multiple PhD students, research assistants, and postdocs wanted
- ACM Senior membership (10/26/2022) - I have been recognized as an ACM senior member.
- One Paper Accepted by ACM SIGMOD 2023 (9/20/2022) - Our paper “TED: Towards Discovering Top-𝑘 Edge-Diversified Patterns in a Graph Database” has been accepted by ACM SIGMOD 2023.
- One Paper Accepted by NeurIPS 2022 (9/15/2022) - One Paper AcOur paper “MExMI: Pool-based Active Model Extraction Crossover Membership Inference” has been accepted in Thirty-Sixth Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems.
- I started to serve as an Associate Editor of ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security (TOPS) (9/1/2022) -
- GRF Research Grant Awarded (6/30/2022) - A research project entitled “Evasive Federated Learning Attacks through Differential Privacy: Mechanisms and Mitigations ” has been awarded by Research Grant Council, HKSAR with HK$941,434 (2023-2025).