I am an Associate Professor with the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University. My research interests include data privacy and security, mobile and spatiotemporal databases, and internet of things.
- (New!) PhD students and 4 postdoc wanted (contract starting from July 1, 2020) (10/2/2019) - I have openings for 1~2 PhD students (2021 in-take), 2~3 research assistants, and 4 postdoc researchers in the field of machine learning, data security and privacy. The detailed requirements are as follows: Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Engineering in well-known universities. Preferences are given to applicants with some research … Continue reading (New!) PhD students and 4 postdoc wanted (contract starting from July 1, 2020)
- IEEE Senior Membership (6/24/2020) - I was promoted to IEEE Senior Member.
- ITF Grant Awarded (5/8/2020) - I have been awarded an ITF grant from Hong Kong government with title ” vMPOS: Virtual Mobile POS using Smartphone and Near Field Communication” for HK$ 3,927,250 (2020-2023).
- ICDE 2020 Outstanding Reviewer Award (4/21/2020) - I received ICDE 2020 Outstanding Reviewer Award among six other reviewers out of 200+ TPC members.
- Two Papers Accepted in ICDE 2020 and ICDCS 2020 (3/13/2020) - Our paper “Towards Locally Differentially Private Generic Graph Metric Estimation” has been accepted for publish in IEEE ICDE 2020. Our paper “Cloud Password Shield: A Secure Cloud-based Firewall against DDoS on Authentication Servers” has been accepted for publish in IEEE ICDCS 2020.
- Journal Paper Accepted (9/28/2019) - Our paper “MISSILE: A System of Mobile Inertial Sensor-Based Sensitive Indoor Location Eavesdropping.” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS).