I am an Assistant Professor with the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Prior to this post, I held several academic posts at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Call for papers: ACM Transactions on Data Science, Special Issue on Retrieving and Learning from Internet of Things Data (3/4/2019)- Theme and Topics Internet of Things (IoT) is renovating the way we monitor, understand, and control the physical world. While there are many successful stories on deploying IoT systems in various business sectors, we might underestimate the long-term challenge when facing the explosive amount of IoT and machine-to-machine (M2M) data. Almost all fields of data … Continue reading Call for papers: ACM Transactions on Data Science, Special Issue on Retrieving and Learning from Internet of Things Data
- PhD student and postdoc wanted (10/12/2018)- I have openings for PhD student or postdoc in the field of machine learning, data security and privacy. The detailed requirements are as follows: Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Engineering in well-known universities. Preferences are given to applicants with some research experience. Good programming skills in at least one … Continue reading PhD student and postdoc wanted
- Research Grant Awarded (2/19/2019)- A research project entitled “AI Model Protection from Inversion Attacks” has been awarded by Huawei with HK$764,520.
- IEEE MDM 2019 Call for Advanced Seminars (1/2/2019)- 20th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM 2019) invites submissions for Advanced Seminar (i.e., Tutorial) proposals on all topics listed in the Call for Papers of the conference. More information can be found in conference website: https://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/mdm2019/cfas.php
- Journal Paper Published (10/19/2018)- A research paper titled “CPP: Towards Comprehensive Privacy Preserving for Query Processing in Information Networks” has been published in Information Sciences, Volume 467, October 2018.
- Invited talk in NDBC 2018 (10/14/2018)- I was invited to give a talk in NDBC 2018 entitled “Ensuring Privacy and Integrity against Untrusted Cloud for Internet of Things Applications”.