I am an Associate Professor with the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University. My research interests include data privacy and security, mobile and spatiotemporal databases, and internet of things. Aside from research, I lead the ASTAPLE lab, the PolyU CTF Team, and serve as the program leader of Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Information Security.
- (New!) Multiple PhD students, research assistants, and postdocs wanted (6/9/2022) - I have openings for 2+ PhD students (2023 in-take), 4+ research assistants/postdoc researchers (immediately available) in the field of machine learning, data security and privacy, and blockchain (new!). The detailed requirements of PhD applicants are as follows: Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Engineering in well-known universities. Preferences are given … Continue reading (New!) Multiple PhD students, research assistants, and postdocs wanted
- One Paper Accepted in TKDE (5/30/2022) - Our paper “DDRM: A Continual Frequency Estimation Mechanism with Local Differential Privacy” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE).
- One Paper Accepted in IEEE Internet of Things Journal (5/2/2022) - Our paper “Stateful-CCSH: An Efficient Authentication Scheme for High-Resolution Video Surveillance System” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Internet of Things Journal.
- Three Papers Accepted in IEEE Transactions (4/13/2022) - Our papers “SPMAC: Scalable Prefix Verifiable Message Authentication Code for Internet of Things”, “Adaptive Video Streaming with Automatic Quality-of-Experience Optimization”, and “ReFlat: A Robust Access Pattern Hiding Solution for General Cloud Query Processing Based on K-Isomorphism and Hardware Enclave” have been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (TNSM), IEEE Transactions … Continue reading Three Papers Accepted in IEEE Transactions
- Two Papers Accepted in IEEE TSC (3/1/2022) - Our papers “DUASVS: A Mobile Data Saving Strategy in Short-form Video Streaming” and “Reverse Nearest Neighbor Search in Semantic Trajectories for Location based Services” have been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Services Computing.
- One Paper Accepted in IEEE ICDE 2022 (11/24/2021) - Our paper “Utility Analysis and Enhancement of LDP Mechanisms in High-Dimensional Space” has been accepted for publish in IEEE ICDE 2022.