I am an Associate Professor with the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University. My research interests include data privacy and security, mobile and spatiotemporal databases, and internet of things.
- (Sticky) PhD student and postdoc wanted (10/2/2019) - I have openings for PhD student or postdoc in the field of machine learning, data security and privacy. The detailed requirements are as follows: Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Engineering in well-known universities. Preferences are given to applicants with some research experience. Good programming skills in at least one … Continue reading (Sticky) PhD student and postdoc wanted
- Journal Paper Accepted (9/28/2019) - Our paper “MISSILE: A System of Mobile Inertial Sensor-Based Sensitive Indoor Location Eavesdropping.” has been accepted for publish in IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS).
- Best Paper Award (8/20/2019) - Our paper “Preserving User Privacy For Machine Learning: Local Differential Privacy or Federated Machine Learning?” has received the Best Theory Paper Award in the 1st International Workshop on Federated Machine Learning for User Privacy and Data Confidentiality (FML’19), in conjunction with IJCAI’19.
- GRF Grant Awarded (7/2/2019) - I have been awarded an RGC/GRF grant with title “Auditing Machine Learning as a Service” for HK$ 731,089 (2020-2022).
- ESORICS Paper Accepted (6/28/2019) - Our paper with title “A Boundary Differential Private Layer against Machine Learning Model Extraction Attacks” has been accepted by ESORICS 2019. Congratulations to Huadi Zheng!
- Best Paper Award (6/19/2019) - Our paper “Publishing Sensitive Trajectory Data Under Enhanced l-Diversity Model” has received the Best Paper Award in 20th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM’19), Hong Kong.